Monday 10 June 2024

Guitar Reviews 4U - D'Addario EZ890 85/15 Bronze Acoustic Guitar Strings

                  


Guitar Reviews 4U - D'Addario EZ890 85/15 Bronze Acoustic Guitar Strings

More great Strings from D'Addario

I was more than pleased to find out recently that D'Addario make a 9 set for Acoustic Guitar. So why did I want these?

Two reasons, D'Addario strings are lower tension than their competitor brands so on a guitar that isn't played often and left in tune, under tension, then these strings will be kinder to the guitar.

I have two acoustics that are infrequently played so these strings will do the job, one is a Gretsch Rancher from about 2008 ands the other is a Martin D28 clone that I have owned for 40 years.

Noting on the D'Addario EXL Electric Strings the difference in tension loading between a set of 9's and 10's, got me thinking, do they make 9's for acoustic?

Well, I am glad to say they do. I fitted a set to the Rancher at the weekend and they sound superb, very clear and defined and easy to play.

In my view, heavier strings only load the guitar more, I never use heavier than a 10 top and often read about people loading 13 top string sets on a guitar. 

Not for me.

I have used D'Addario strings for 40 years now and they are my string of choice for acoustic and electric.




No comments:

Post a Comment